Library Assistant - Part Time
The East Travis Gateway Library District (ETGLD) is looking for a friendly and reliable Library Assistant for 25 hours per week.
You'd be great for this position if...
– You’re a people person
– You want to make a difference in your community
– You’re a bookworm
– You’re well-organized
What the job entails…
– Staffing the front desk and helping patrons locate materials
– Checking materials in and out, creating library cards, and processing new materials using the library's circulation system
– Assisting patrons with database searches
– Answering reference and basic directional questions
– Assisting patrons with Windows-based computers
– Transferring materials; which may weigh up to 30 pounds, to and from book bins and shelves
– Shelving books and shelf-reading the collection
– Maintaining equipment (filling paper trays in the copiers & printers; reporting any malfunctions)
– Assisting with library projects when needed
-Demonstrate basic computer skills with a willingness to learn and keep current with emerging technologies.
-Demonstrate ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
-Excellent customer service, communication, and organization skills
-Bilingual (Spanish) is highly preferred.
Note: This position will be based primarily at the Elroy Community Library but filling in at our Garfield Community Library location may be needed on occasion.
Salary begins at $15 per hour, 25 hours a week.
Interested? Please email resume and schedule availability to Brittany Burke: email@example.com